Your safety and well-being are important to us! We are following the guidelines and recommendations issued by federal, state and local agencies to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Please watch this space in case recommendations change:
ICAN Nuclear Ban Forum
We have taken the following preventive measures designed to protect our participants and employees at the Nuclear Ban Forum on 18-19 June:
- Vaccination or recovered status or negative COVID-19 test: We require our participants to be vaccinated or recovered (recovery during the last 6 months) before the Forum or commit to present a negative COVID-19 test on site (rapid antigen/LFT test is valid 24 hours, PCR tests are valid for 72 hours) . Please follow the instructions during the registration process to prove your status.
- We highly recommend you to wear a FFP-2 mask whenever possible and to change that mask every 4 hours. FFP-2 masks will be provided in your welcome tote bag and at our registration table.
- Our venue has an air cleaning system installed. For additional safety we are working to add more portable air cleansing systems.
- Keep a distance from others whenever possible!
- Wash or disinfect your hands frequently! Disinfection suspenders will be placed all around the venue.
- If you feel sick and have any symptoms related to Covid-19 please stay in your hotel room/home and call the Austrian health hotline at 1450: You will be looked after by medical staff over the phone and given further information and instruction.
Testing at Aula der Wissenschaften:
We are working on a plan to provide testing during the Nuclear Ban Forum with our partners, the Austrian Red Cross and the Austrian Ministry for Foreign Affairs.
What to do if you get a positive test result while in Vienna:
- If you become exposed to Covid-19 ten days before the Forum do not attend in-person! A major part of the Forum can be attended remotely.
- If you feel sick during a day of the Forum do not attend! Stay in your hotel room/at home. If you have any symptoms related to Covid-19 call the Austrian health hotline at 1450: You will be looked after by medical staff over the phone and given further information and instruction.
- If you test positive within ten days after participating in the Forum, call or email your ICAN contact or send a mail to [email protected]
Stay safe and stay healthy to abolish nuclear weapons!